Trichology – definisions
In order to get acquainted with terminology please find below a basic definitions on trichology:
Trichology is the branch of dermatology that deals with anatomy, physiology and pathology of hair and scalp and is divided into:
- Clinical Trichology, which deals with comprehensive diagnosis and clinical treatment
- Aesthetic Trichology, which deals mainly with cosmetic treatments and hairdressing to improve the condition of the scalp and hair. Aesthetic trichology treatment cannot replace dermatological treatment!
Additionally on our website we will post interesting information regarding hair and scalp diseases like:
- structural hair anomalies and follicle dystrophy,
- seborrheic dermatitis in infants and old age people,
- dermatitis atopica,
- hair loss during puberty or after childbirth,
- alopecia (anangenic, effluvium, androgenic, drug-induced, areata etc.),
- hair thinning,
- trichotillomania, trichorrhexis, monilethrix,
- dry and greasy pityriasis,
- seborrhea and seborrheic dermatitis,
- psoriasis, eczema and mycosis,
- dry and itchy skin,
- chemically and mechanically destroyed hair.
Please feel invited to participate in the Association activities!
Kinga Estera Jach-Skrzypczak
President of ISAT
Pioneer of trychology in Poland.
Technician of diagnostic imaging trychology with over 20 years of professional experience, lecturer, medical assistant of hair restoration surgery